Same Day Emergency Dentist Appointment in Castlemaine Usually Available
For Dental Emergency, call us on (03) 5472 1377 for immediate attention or complete the web form below.
The same goes for a dental emergency. May it be a broken tooth, toothache, or a lost filling, immediacy and control should be observed. That’s why our emergency dentist at Castlemaine Smiles is always there for you to take care of any emergency, so that you can keep the smile on your face.
Our dental team is trained to address any problem with the utmost care and urgency. Our friendly, professional staff will make sure to do what it takes to ease your pain and treat you as quickly as possible. Castlemaine Smiles works to treat patients from Castlemaine and surrounding areas on the same day.
First things first
During a dental emergency, having basic knowledge of the right first aid that can be administered, can make all the difference. The following are quick, easy steps to get you through some of the most common dental emergencies, before you reach our emergency dentist in Castlemaine.
1. Knocked-out Tooth
A knocked-out tooth can be very painful; hence you have to be very efficient in dealing with this type of dental emergency. Make sure that your hands are clean, then follow these steps:
- Locate the tooth and try to reposition it;
- Bite on a clean piece of cloth to secure the tooth in place;
- If the tooth is totally knocked out, hold the tooth by the crown, not the root;
- Rinse tooth with clean water, and avoid scrubbing the tooth using soaps or detergents. Keep the tooth moist; and
- Try to reinsert the avulsed tooth into the socket. If unsuccessful, store the tooth in a container of milk or with saliva. Do not store the tooth in tap water.
- Contact our emergency dentist at Castlemaine Smiles.
Although common in children, toothache can also happen to adults. To treat this, you should:
- Gargle using lukewarm water with salt;
- Floss teeth to remove any food particles wedged in between teeth;
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever to alleviate pain (do not place aspirin or any pain medication directly against the gums.);
- Put a few drops of clove oil on a cotton swab and gently apply to infected tooth; and
- If the ache is caused by trauma, press a cold compress on your cheek.
3. Lost Restoration or Filling
- Do not try to fix the restoration on your own. Call our emergency dentist in Castlemaine Smiles immediately.
- Keep your mouth clean.
- Apply cold compress near the affected tooth.
- Take over-the-counter pain medication to ease your discomfort.
- Do not eat with the affected tooth once it is damaged.
4. Broken tooth
- Rinse mouth with warm water.
- Do not put pressure on the damaged tooth.
- Take over-the-counter painkillers.
- Apply a cold compress outside the mouth against the affected area.
Other Dental Emergency Services at Castlemaine Smiles Dentist
Your Trusted Emergency Dentist in Castlemaine
While it is important to follow first aid steps immediately, it is also of equal significance to call and see your dentist as soon as possible. Castlemaine Smiles is a trusted and skilled emergency dentist in Castlemaine, with a track record of making things right. We treat each problem using the latest technology in the most painless and quickest way possible.
We are open Mondays to Fridays from 9:00AM -6:00 PM and Saturdays until 12:00 PM.
Request Appointment Online
21 Lyttleton St, Castlemaine, VIC 3450