Same Day Emergency Appointment Usually Available
For Dental Emergency, call us on (03) 5472 1377 for immediate attention or complete the web form below.
It takes a lot of composure to handle a medical problem, even more so for emergencies. From life-threatening crises to simple scratches, one cannot simply wait and hope things get better – time is of the essence.
The same goes for a dental emergency. May it be a broken tooth, toothache, or a lost filling, immediacy and control should be observed.
That’s why at Castlemaine Smiles, we take care of everything for you and make sure to keep the smile on your face.
Our dental team are trained to address any problem with the utmost care and urgency. Our friendly, professional staff, makes sure to ease your pain and treat you as quickly as possible.
Castlemaine Smiles works to treat patients from Castlemaine and surrounding areas on the same day.
First things first
When you face a dental emergency, knowledge of the correct first aid to administer is very important. The following are quick, easy steps to get you through some of the most common dental emergencies.
1. Knocked-out Tooth
A knocked-out tooth can be very painful, hence you have to be very efficient in dealing with this type of dental emergency. Make sure that your hands are clean first, then follow these steps:
- locate the tooth and try to reposition it;
- bite on a clean piece of cloth to secure the tooth in place;
- if the tooth was totally knocked out, hold the tooth by the crown, not the root;
- rinse tooth with clean water, and avoid scrubbing the tooth and using soaps or detergents. Keep the tooth moist; and
- try to reinsert the avulsed tooth into the socket. If unsuccessful, store the tooth in a container of milk or with saliva. Do not store the tooth in tap water.
Although common in children, toothache can also happen to adults. To treat this you should:
- gargle using lukewarm water with salt;
- floss teeth to remove any food particles wedged between teeth;
- take over-the-counter pain reliever to alleviate pain (Do not place aspirin or any pain medication directly against the gums.);
- put a few drops of clove oil on a cotton swab and gently apply to infected tooth; and
- if the ache is caused by trauma, press a cold compress on your cheek.
3. Lost Restoration or Filling
- Do not try to fix the restoration on your own. Call your dentist immediately.
- Keep your mouth clean.
- Apply cold compress near the affected tooth.
- Take over-the-counter pain medication to ease your discomfort.
- Do not eat with the affected tooth once it is damaged.
4. Broken tooth
- Rinse mouth with warm water.
- Do not put pressure on the damaged tooth.
- Take over-the-counter painkillers.
- Apply a cold compress outside the mouth against the affected area.
Other Dental Emergency Services at Castlemaine Smiles Dentists
Your Trusted Emergency Dentist in Castlemaine
While it is important to follow the first aid steps immediately, it is also of equal significance to call and see your dentist as soon as possible. Castlemaine Smiles is your trusted and skilled emergency dentist in Castlemaine ,proven to make things right. We treat each problem using the latest technology in the most painless and quickest way.
We are open Mondays to Fridays from 9:00AM -6:00 PM and Saturdays until 12:00 PM.
Same Day Emergency Appointment Usually Available!
Request Appointment Online
21 Lyttleton St, Castlemaine, VIC 3450